Difference between revisions of "CompilingOnWindows"
(Tutorial on how to build the Mupen64Plus source code under Windows)
Latest revision as of 22:14, 25 July 2015
Compiling Mupen64Plus in Windows
This guide is for people who want to play with the latest Mupen64Plus code under development, by grabbing the source code from our development repository and compiling it yourself.
- Build environment (Visual Studio 2013)
- Git client (http://git-scm.com/downloads/guis)
1. Use your Git client client to clone the following repositories (put them all in the same parent directory):
2. Open up the Visual Studio solution file at: mupen64plus-ui-console\projects\msvc8\mupen64plus-ui-console.sln
3. Build it in Debug or Release mode
4. Run it. You can get m64p_test_rom.v64 test ROM file from mupen64plus-rom\ and drop it into the build directory, then click the "Run" button in visual studio. Or, you can open a DOS shell and 'cd' to the build dir and run your own roms with "mupen64plus-ui-console.exe \path\to\my\rom.z64".